The Business Step Up Initiative is intended to develop the capability of South Dublin companies to compete globally, to innovate and transform. Under this scheme, funding and / or soft support will be offered for the purpose of encouraging and facilitating activities and practices which improve business competitiveness and sustainability.
• Export: Export marketing activities such as exhibiting or attending important overseas trade fairs, preparation of export market-specific marketing materials, market investigation visits, etc
• Green: Introducing green sustainable business practices to the business eg implementing environmental standards, applying for eco labels, carbon footprint measurement, introducing verifiable environmental improvements to processes or products.
• Technology: Technological innovation or purchases which deliver significant improvements in productivity.
• Processes: Innovation which results in leaner and more agile business achieving significant cost reduction targets and measurable gains in capability and competitiveness
• Training: In-house or external training in management or technical skills specifically related to for the promoter and/or staff, where these skills are not taught as part of the Board’s existing training activities and where they will result in increased business efficiency and effectiveness
• Marketing: Formation of significant joint ventures and partnerships in relation marketing; Design or enhancement of interactive e-business websites; Exhibiting at domestic trade events only in special circumstances or for nominated sectors; development of marketing materials for the domestic market only in special cases as a first step to exporting.
• Soft Support: Specialist soft support may be offered in the following areas:
1. Company benchmarking against international standards
2. Building a lean business organisation
3. Environmental information and advice
4. Technical Audit
Applications will be accepted from existing businesses operating from a location in South Dublin County. Businesses in their pre-startup phase should apply for the Board’s other forms of financial support. Both incorporated companies and sole traders are eligible While preference is given to manufacturing companies and the designated internationally traded service sector, other service sectors are also eligible with the exceptions of:
• Construction and the construction trades
• Transportation services
• Professional services
• The distributive trades (however on-line sales and purchasing activities are eligible).
Value of Support
Financial support will be available for 50% of eligible expenditure, up to a maximum of €2,500.
Click here to download the Business Step Up Grant application form (PDF) which can be posted, faxed or emailed us.
Business Step Up Grant Application Form (Word format) click here to download >>
For further information email Ena Coleman firstname.lastname@example.org